This policy also explains your choices surrounding how we use information about you, which include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Online Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Within the scope of the Agreement and in its use of the services, Users shall be responsible for complying with all requirements that apply to it under applicable data protective, privacy, and security laws with respect to Your processing and transmittal of information to Online Services. You acknowledge and agree that You shall be solely responsible for:
- Accuracy, quality, and legality of any information, including any User Content;
- Complying with all necessary laws concerning the collection and use of User Content, including obtaining any necessary consents and authorizations
- Ensuring You have the right to transfer, or provide access to, the User Content for purposes of providing the Online Services and other Services under the Agreement
In order for You to create an account on Payload Space and use the Online Services, We need to collect and process certain information. Depending on Your use of the Online Services and/or other Services, that may include:
- Information You provide by signing up for Payload Space – Your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if You register as a user, upload or submit content through Payload Space, or if You contact us;
- Information about Your activity on and interaction with Online Services and/or other Services, including use of Our mobile apps (such as Your IP address, the type of device or browser You use, and Your actions on the Site);
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with the Online Services and/or other Services, in the form of traffic analytics.
- Communications You send to Us (for example, when You ask for support, send Us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that You submit on or to Online Services and/or other Services in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; and
To collect User Content and/or any other information contemplated in this section, may use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions.
You may decline to provide Us with Your information. However, this will limit Your ability to register for an account or use the Online Services and/or other Services.
We do not sell Your personal data. We may, however, use Your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about You, in order to:
- To respond to Your request for information and provide You with more effective and efficient service;
- To keep Your account secure and protect the Online Services and/or Services (including to verify the identities of Users and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable Us to provide You with the Online Services and/or Services, and to improve and promote the Online Services and/or Services;
- To create and administer Your account, contact You, and customize Your experience on Online Services;
- To track and analyze use of the Online Services and/or other Services so that We can improve how Online Services is performing and provide Users with the best experience possible;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Online Services and/or other Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to Us where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend Our legal rights where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- For our business purposes we have a legitimate interest, when we:
- Operate the Online Services and/or provide the Services
- Apply information security policies and controls on the Online Services and/or other Services, including overall integrity, identity management and account authentication
- For research and development to improve Online Services and/or other Services
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent
We may aggregate and/or anonymize information collected through the Online Services and/or other Services so that such information does not identify You as the source of the information. We may use such information to improve the Online Services and/or other Services, by and through any third-party we use to integrate the Online Services and/or other Services with the users’ database, for research.
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information You provide;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation;
- Employment information; and
- Communications You send to Us (for example, sending questions or comments or reporting a problem).
We may share Your information with certain trusted third-party services to help Us provide, improve, promote, or protect Online Services and/or other Services. When We share data with third-party services that support our delivery of Services, We require that they use Your information only for the specific purposes We’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that is aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify You.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Site and/or Services or comply with legal obligations.
Because Online Services is a US-based company, Your information will be collected and processed in the United States. The United States has its own laws governing data protection and government access to information. The rules that protect Your personal information under United States law may be different than in Your home country. If You choose to use the Site and/or Services, You need to agree with the Agreement, which set out the contract between Online Services and its Users.
To the extent You reside outside of the United States, Online Services will comply with applicable laws regarding collection and transfer of personal information from countries that have privacy or data security laws, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU and Canada, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data from Online Services from your account settings page. To modify or delete the personal information You’ve provided to us, please log in and update Your profile. You may also delete Your account from Your account settings page. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- To establish and maintain contractual relationships with Users;
- To comply with our legal obligations: For example, there may be times where we need to (1) demonstrate compliance with applicable privacy and data security law, (2) comply with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements, or (3) comply with other applicable criminal and civil law and regulatory requirements under federal, state, and international law.
- To provide services and information that You request and consent to receive: This includes:
- To provide customer service and support;
- To communicate with You, including responding to Tour comments, questions, and requests;
- To process and complete transactions, and send You related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices; and
- To provide direct marketing, email, and other distributed information distribution.
If You have consented to Our use of information about You, You have the right to change Your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where We are using Your information because We or a third party (e.g. payment processor) have a legitimate interest to do so, You have the right to object to that use, though, in some cases, this may mean You can no longer use the Online Services and/or Services.
If You are a California resident, there are some additional rights that may be available to You under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). This policy explains the tools that we have made available to You to exercise your data rights under the CCPA, such as the right to deletion and the right to request access to the categories of information we have collected about You. We encourage You to manage your information, and to make use of the privacy controls we have included in our Services. You will not be discriminated against for exercising any of Your privacy rights under the CCPA.
You have the right to request the deletion of any Personal Information about You. In order to protect Your information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require You to provide additional information for verification. Upon receiving a verified request to delete your Personal Information, we will do so unless otherwise authorized by law. If we cannot verify Your identity, we will not provide or delete Your information.
If You are a California resident you may have the right:
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of information collected about You;
- to request the disclosure of the business purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom it is shared, and the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- to request the deletion of Your Personal Information Personal Information, subject to the limitations set forth in California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d); and
- not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights guaranteed by California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.
This policy describes the categories of personal information We may collect, the sources of that information, and Our deletion and retention policies. We’ve also included information about how we may process Your information, which includes for “business purposes” under the CCPA – such as to protect against illegal activities, and for the development of new products, features, and technologies.
Last Updated: September 23, 2021